1. I think I must be getting better at motherhood. I haven’t been stressed about getting things done all week.
It only took me until my fifth child to get things slightly more under control.
2. Everyone is in love, love, love.
3. I get to READ! Real, grown up books, like The Busy Homeschooling Mother’s Guide to Romance. You know, because I like a challenge 😉 Heidi St John is awesome, and I’m going to be That Girl again.
4. I’m looking forward to exercising again — as soon as I get over the feeling that my insides are falling out.
In the hospital, nurses are really focused on relieving pain – or at least assessing for it. At home, no one is asking me, “What’s your pain level?”
I just be bop around the house, washing clothes, running the vacuum, picking up toys, etc, until suddenly, getting up hurts. OUCH! Oh, yeah, it’s been 8 hours since medication. I’m trying to do a better job of taking medication around the clock at least for these first few weeks.
5. Shhhh — I actually have a baby who sleeps. My friends in real life know that my children have never been described as good sleepers. Maeve is easy. (and, I realize that I’ve just shot myself in the foot by making this public.)
6. On the other hand, I seem to have forgotten that the post partum stage is better described as “the period where I feel like a giant whale.” Yes, I’m whining. I hit Maximum Pork during my pregnancy (highest weight of my entire life), and for some reason, I imagined that those pounds just melted away after the baby was born.
Mmm — not so much.
Nothing fits right now — maternity clothes are big and saggy, but there’s no way regular clothes would fit me. Not to mention, the only thing you can see when I walk into the room are my ginormous boobs. I had to go and get fitted for new nursing bras — I had no idea there were sizes above a DD. YUCK.
7. Instead of whining, I need to count my blessings.
I get to hold this amazingly beautiful creation every single day.
Head on over to visit Jen, of Conversion Diary, for Quick Takes along with Moments to Remember that may not include shameless showing off of beautiful babies!
Hi Diana! Found your blog through Conversion Diary (and through staying up waaaaay too late) and just simply wanted to tell you congrats on your new addition! So sweet 🙂 Love your blog! Excited to look more into your Saints and Scripture Sundays too…
Laura @ Show Me a Day says
Congrats on the new addition! She’s absolutely gorgeous.
I’ve only had two, but I feel like the newborn phase is such a blessing and curse all in one. On the one hand, you have this tiny, precious new human who is all love and vulnerability, and towards whom you can only respond with all love and vulnerability.
On the other hand, you have engorged boobs, you’re leaking from pretty much everywhere, and the whole house has to go through a decent period of adjustment.
Family life is not for the faint of heart, eh?
She is super precious!!! I just want to snuggle her all up.
Goodness, Maeve is gorgeous!
Elisa | blissfulE says
Awwwwww! She’s adorable! Congratulations!!!
Jeanne G. says
She’s gorgeous. Congratulations!
[email protected] Life Happens When says
Super Duper LOVE!!! Hang tight, momma! You’ll have plenty of time to get in shape and for clothes to fit right. Soak up all those precious brand new baby moments while you can!! I’m glad everyone seems to be adjusting well to Miss Maeve!
Congratulations! She is adorable. I am glad you are getting along well. 🙂
[email protected]_catholic says
She is so beautiful! The pictures of her big brother and big sister holding is so precious!
She is a beautiful little girl! All your kids are adorable – I love the pictures of them holding Maeve.
Happy one-week birthday, Maeve!!
I love the photos! Especially the last one!
Mary A. says
Congratulations on your new little girl! She is beautiful and makes me look forward to welcoming our new little girl in a few weeks. (Yikes! A few weeks…did I just say that?) Any tips on going from one child to two, or more?
The fifth surely allows for a certain…perspective? on the whole Parent Thing.
GIRL, you crack me up! Even more so now that I know you in real life! Your babe is gorgeous and I will pray for your boobs to shrink, k? 😉
Dianna Kennedy says
Gah — they are KILLING me — I think my body thinks, “Hey, wonder if there are two babies here this time?” Phew whee.
Thank you!! I told Brett that we keep making better looking babies each time — this girl will have him wrapped as soon as he finishes with his summer class. 🙂
Much hugs and love to you!