2) Amazing food! Breakfast and lunches, and even dinner one night. Not to mention, Louisville is a huge foodie city. Something for every preference.
3) To be among YOUR people. Homeschooling can be hard. And isolating. Add classical education to the mix, and you may feel like you’re the only one teaching Latin, or diving deep in classic literature. This is your chance to fill your bucket.
4) To get yourself better equipped. I’ve been homeschooling for TEN YEARS, and I always pick up practical tips from HLS teachers, MP staff and other homeschool mommas.
5) To get inspired — plenary sessions from Martin Cothran, Dan Scheffler and more.
6) To become more familiar with the MP materials and how to teach them in your home —- you’ll be able to get your hands on the student guides, teacher manuals, and even talk to some of the authors and editors of the program.
7) To get dads involved in homeschooling — every year, I see more and more dads come to the conference. These two days are amazing for helping dads learn more about classical education, why we do what we do, and equip them to support their homeschooling families. Kudos to you for stepping out. A big round of applause too, for running the show behind the scenes.
Pssst — my husband will actually be on a dads panel this year!
8) A small and intimate conference — as opposed to the huge venues.
Let’s face it. I’m an extrovert, but I can get overwhelmed in a giant conference like GHC. Too many bells and whistles, and I’m distracted. Sodalitas offers me a chance to learn in a quieter, more relaxed environment.
9) One stop shopping with free shipping — if you purchase your curriculum while you’re at the conference, MP staff will package it up and ship it to you for free. (You can also pick it up to take home, if you’re driving)
10) Connection, community, and Southern hospitality 😉
Every year, I look forward to this week. I see my friends from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, and talk myself completely hoarse. I only see these friends once or twice a year, yet we pick up and chat, just like we saw each other yesterday.
If you are new to Sodalitas, you are just as welcome. I promise you that you will go home with new friends and your pitcher will be full to overflowing.
The MP staff rolls out all the stops with opening doors, holding umbrellas, golf cart driving, snacks and drinks, and friendly smiles everywhere. This company is FAMILY and it shows.
11) A chance to give back —
Dare et accipere
To give and to receive.
This is a gathering to pour out to other moms, as well as to learn at the feet of those who are further down the road.
As a ‘more experienced’ homeschooling momma, I’m on the giving end to moms who are just starting this journey.
You’ll hear me say “YES, you can do this!”
You CAN do this — even if you work outside the home
You CAN do this — even with special needs (dyslexia and dysgraphia)
You CAN do this — with a chronic illness (Hashimotos)
You CAN do this — even in difficult circumstances (caring for extended family)
I’m also on the receiving end —- soaking up the wisdom of mommas who have graduated students, because homeschooling high school is making me a nervous wreck. (Keeping it real)
Clear your calendars, and join me this summer. I PROMISE you won’t regret it.
Get registered here —————->>>>>